What is Meteor Calc SL?
MeteorCalc SL is a powerful CAD plug for multi – layer platforms for the electrical parts for outdoor lighting networks, such as street lighting installations and tunnels. You can fully automate all electrical calculations, specification calculations and drawing of electrical diagrams.
- Automatic calculation of specifications and explanation of equipment;
- Automatic drawing of detailed singe – line diagrams of street light feeders;
- Calculation of short – circuit currents according to IEC60909 (latest edition 2016);
- Calculation of voltage loss in street lighting power supplies with unbalanced load;
- Calculation of the sum of power and load currents in lighting power supplies and switchboards;
- Flexible cable database in accordance with regional standards.
- MeteorCalc SL supports 400 / 230V (TN) 50Hz voltage systems in street lighting networks and the Metric system in dwg – file units. The rated voltage is adjustable within 220 / 380V – 250 / 440V in accordance with regional standards.
This software is not intended to perform exposure calculations.
Network lighting model
The street lighting model should be created in a drawing with a meter 1 unit = 1 meter. MeteorCalc SL allows you to create models of street lighting of any level of complexity. The limiting number of branches and their degree of fencing are not present.
The street lighting model can be separated in the dwg file or it can be directly in the lighting project file as part of your project.
Schemes of feeders for street lighting
With MeteorCalc SL, drawing precise and detailed schemes of street lighting feeders is very simple.
To draw the diagram, MeteorCalc SL performs SC current calculations and voltage loss calculations at the selected endpoint.
MeteorCalc SL enables all neccessary electrical calculations to be performed for the design of street lighting installations. The minimum and maximum short – circuit current are calculated according to IEC60909 (latest edition 2016) for all endpoints in street lighting feeders.
According to IEC 60909 for balanced and unbalanced short circuits, it is useful to calculate short circuit currents using symmetrical components. The symmetrical component method makes it possible to calculate all types of short – circuit currents at any point of the street lighting feeder with a high degree of accuracy.
The program has a calculation process that is open for monitoring. At the request of the user, every step of all electrical calculations can be thoroughly checked.
Specifications and explanations.
MeteorCalc SL allows to obtain the following invoices of materials and forms of SL objects:
- Street lighting sticks;
- Load – bearing beams and foundations;
- Cable trays;
- Internal wiring and equipment on poles;
- Grounding devices
The results of the specification are derived in the form of a table on the drawing.
Incredible working speed
Users who previously worked practically in manual mode say they started working on their projects ten or more times faster. Those who have used third – party programs and lost a lot of time tranferring data from the CAD computing platform to the software and back believe that they started running 3 – 5 times faster and at the same time feel much more comfortable. See our customer feedback.